Introduction Blog

My dog Elvis and I
(He doesn't sit still)

  

    My name is Andrew Lawrence and I am a sophomore. I am studying secondary English education here at Bloom. I'm from Media, PA, and I work for the dining service at a retirement home when I'm not at school. I love camping and hiking when its Summer, but in the winter I mostly stay in and read or watch TV. 

    This past summer I took a trip to California to visit old friends and family. While I was there I roamed Huntington Beach and learned how to surf. I hiked on a lot of trails while I was there, my favorite was the El Moro Canyon trail.

If you are into interesting/unsettling art, I recommend this video about the artist Hieronymus Bosch. There are unsettling and graphic images so trigger warning.



Comments

  1. Hi, Andrew! I ended up watching that video in entirety out of pure curiosity. Bosch is definitely an artist that I will be looking into more and showing all of my friends. Your dog is also adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man! You never told me you had such a cute dog! My brother majored in art and always said Bosch was his favorite. His art is insane, but I'm a fan as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Andrew! I'd love to hear the story behind why you named your dog Elvis! Are you a fan? I was just in a different part of SoCal over the winter break, but one of my own college friends was from Huntington Beach, and I spent some time there in my 20s.

    When you come to your conference, you'll have to check out my replica of Bosch's 'Garden of Earthly Delights' painting! I love the introductions for allowing me to learn a little about all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Andrew! First off, I think we had asl together last semester! and second, I have always wanted to try to learn to surf but multiple things have stopped me. Fearing of looking like an idiot and getting sunk by a wave. That happened once when I was swimming and I'm still scared to swim sometimes haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same fear before I tried it. I don't have the best balance so I wasn't sure I'd be able to stay on the board for very long, but once I was able to it wasn't very hard at all. I was surprised at how stable and easy it was to stay up on the board.

      Delete
  5. Hey Andrew, art like that is very interesting. I like to find every little detail in those kinds of depictions, the extent of the artists detail in small parts of it really pull them together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog: Andrea Cuddeback

Introduction Blog - Emma Beilman