Introduction Blog - Emma Beilman
Hi! My name's Emma, and I'm a freshman English major on the creative writing track. I've loved reading for as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until I was twelve that I got the idea of writing books like the ones I loved to read. I sort of latched on to the idea, so I've known what I want to major in and later do as a career since then. I've always loved science fiction and fantasy stories, so that's what I plan to write.
I'm currently reading The Cruel Prince series by Holly Black, but I also love The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab.
Aside from reading and writing, I also love painting, drawing, and singing (though I don't claim to be good at it.) As for things I like that aren't hobbies, I love Star Wars, Marvel, baking shows, art museums, and my dogs.
When I got to Bloomsburg, I learned about and joined Quest, which is an outdoor adventure program that runs trips doing exciting things like rock climbing, white water rafting, caving, kayaking, and more. I spent the past semester training and this semester I'll be joining the staff, which I'm super excited about.
A website I love is Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/us/). I use it every single day and am constantly listening to music. I especially love the music of Taylor Swift, Hozier, Girl in Red, and Harry Styles.
Something I would 100% recommend to anyone who likes coffee is the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee maker, which I've been using for around 8 months now. (https://youtu.be/FbRs3-MKoE0) It's super easy to use and even though its technically for iced coffee, you can also use it for hot coffee and hot or iced tea. I have one in my dorm room and I use it almost every day.
Hi Emma!! I heard a little bit about Quest at my freshman orientation day, and thought it sounded really cool. I’m glad you found somewhere to explore your passion for adventures while in school! I’ve spent a lot of time listening to Taylor Swift over the past year, which album is your favorite?
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to choose a favorite! I think Folklore and Speak Now are my top two but I don't think I can pick just one. I'm super excited for Speak Now (Taylor's Version)!!
DeleteHey! I'm also really into writing fantasy and sci-fi, and Marvel and Star Wars are two of my favorite things. I've been planning to read The Song of Achilles and A Court of Thorns and Roses for the longest time, so it's always good to hear that other people enjoyed them. Taylor Swift and Hozier are constants on my Spotify too!
ReplyDeleteI 100% recommend those books, I read ACOTAR almost 5 years ago now and reread the books all the time, I love them. I read TSOA over winter break this year and it's amazing but absolutely emotionally devastating. Do you have a favorite Taylor Swift or Hozier song?
DeleteHey Emma! I also love from blood and ash hehe!
ReplyDeleteOh cool! We should definitely talk about the books sometime :) I'm super excited for the new one coming out in March.
DeleteHey Emma, I’ve also used the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee maker, I love using it as well
ReplyDeleteNice! I got pretty addicted to caffeine during quarantine so I knew I wanted a coffee machine in my dorm and I'm really glad I chose this one.
DeleteHi Emma, I work in a coffee shop in a town not far from here called Danville. I've heard good things from customers about Mr. Coffees. If I ever need to drink some I'll have to find one
ReplyDeleteSorry for being late to commenting on your blog. I like that you had fun with color. I'm in the middle of reading 'Song of Achilles' right now. I'm enjoying it but it hasn't completely won me over yet. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete